Sunday, August 9, 2009

Crazy Walk

OK, so according to our virtual trainer, we were supposed to walk 10 miles on Saturday. But I also wanted to go see Jen's new house while they were there for the inspection. Oh, and I also needed to pick up Simon, my older son, from his best girlfriend's house. So, at 7:20 I left my house and as I was running, I tried to figure out how to make it all happen. The only thing that possibly made sense was to walk from my house (in far SW Arlington) to Jen's new house (in North Arlington), then to have my dad pick me up and take me to get Simon. Dad was going to come down to my house on Saturday anyhow, so it seemed to make sense. I also knew that it was 8 miles from my house to my parents' house and that it was about 3 miles from their house to Jen's house, so it should be around 11 miles. I did some running and mostly walking. I was by myself, but I have to admit that I talked with my mom for part of the way (one of the rules of the official walks is no cell phones, but I WAS by myself, so I did it). Anyhow, it was a great walk. Perfect morning - not too hot, especially for this time of year. When I was about 2 miles from my parents' house, I looked down and found a dollar bill. And then another. And then I found a CPR card. And then I found a social security card for the same person. And then I found another dollar. I ended up finding a few business cards and a part of a purse that had apparently been ripped out of it. I think I was supposed to take this crazy walk so I could find this person's belongings. I am curious what happened to the person who lost it - and would love to know what the police discovered, but I am content to know that I at least have hopefully made a difference in her life by returning a few of her belongings. I made it to Jen's before they left. It was a real treat to get to see the house - it is going to be wonderful for them!! I am so excited. And now we have a nice path to take when we need to do 11 miles or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment