Friday, July 17, 2009

Walking

Last Saturday, Lindsey and I participated in a local training walk - it was for 10 miles! We thought it was 8 miles until we realized that we missed the turn off for the 8 mile track and we were then stuck on the 10 mile one. It was great we went - but, man - we now need to muster up the courage to take on another walk. They are not kidding when they say your body starts reacting differently on those longer walks. 3, 4, 5, 6 even 7 miles I was okay...but after that...geez! We certainly didn't stop to stretch enough, it was hot, & we didn't drink enough. My shins were so sore for 3 full days after and I had such a headache the rest of the day. I've heard these training walks can be so much harder than the actual event. AND thank God they are doing it in November.

Like I said, glad we went and I learned a lot....now to get back out there and walk some more.

BTW - I hit my required minimum fundraising goal. That was so exciting to have that peace of mind that I met that....and a very proud feeling to know I raised $2300 since January when I took this on. BUT, that doesn't mean we've stopped fundraising - the more the better, right?
Contact us at teamanewday@yahoo.com if you're interested in hearing more about our Crop for a Cure day in August....should be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment