Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Major Milestone


This weekend was the big 18/15 training walk. We tagged along with team No Walker Left Behind and did their trail for Saturday and Sunday. We started out Saturday morning at 6:00am at Dunlop Park in North Arlington.

It was a long day of walking, walking and more walking...and my pedometer rounded us out at a little over 19 miles that day. We finished at 1:00...not too bad but an hour after everyone else. There were some walkers that only did the first 9 and some that turned around after they were done - but we completed ALL of it!!!

When I got home I was not feeling great - I had the chills and couldn't warm up. Saturday morning was very cool and no sun. My legs and feet ached. I took a long bath - which I don't normally do - and a long shower. After a nap, I knew I had to move so I wouldn't get tighter than I already was. By that evening and some Advil later, I was feeling much better.

Sunday started at 6:30 at Dunlop Park. We walked down Green Oaks and then through River Legacy, Collins, Brown, Lincoln and then Green Oaks again. Here's a shot of us at our midway point taking a break. Still smiling....
The pedometer finished at 16.23 miles. We were exhausted but felt much better about our walk on Day 2. Our confidence is up and we know we CAN do this 3Day thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment