Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Training and Fundraising


On Sunday we joined the No Walker Left Behind team in a training walk at The Runner in Arlington. We did 4 miles and then got to attend a workshop on blister prevention and proper shoe fit. It was a good walk and I did learn some at the workshop. I did bring my camera but in my brainlessness that morning I forgot to get the picture of all 3 of us. So I took a picture of the sign to prove I was there.
In other news - we have been busy with our fundraising efforts. Team a New Day has a lot planned for this summer!
Our first big event is this Saturday, June 13th at the Tin Cup in Arlington. 1025 W. Abrams St. to be exact. The Think Pink event is from 5:00 - 9:00pm...the restaurant is donating 15% of proceeds that night to the Breast Cancer 3 Day. There will be live music from 7:30-8:30 so please come on out to join us and support this cause.
Save the date
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 from 6:00pm -10:00pm!!
Pappadeaux Geaux Pink!
Pappadeaux Arlington
Prix fixe 3 course dinner - $45 per person
A portion of your purchase will go directly to the Breast Cancer 3 Day!
for our team: A NEW DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment